Monday, March 12, 2012


     We have finally arrived at the end of this chapter of our educational journey.  Although it wasn’t a picnic in the park this quarter, it has been one of the most eventful, challenging, informative and rewarding experience thus far. We have learned how to truly advocate for children and families as well as how to effectively research, write, edit and revise a research paper.  Although I had some errors in my paper, the feedback received will make me a more effective writer.   My hopes for all of you (my classmates and colleagues) are that you can successfully complete your professional goals and objectives as early childhood educators.  I say that as we continue to set the bar high and advocate for those who need us the most, the children and their families.  Best wishes to all and with any luck you will be in one of my 2 final classes here at Kendall.

5 comments:

  1. Jenna,

    Thank you for all of your support in my journey to complete this class and a lifelong goal to obtain a degree. I wish you the best as you continue on this professional journey. As well, good luck with the personal aspect of completing the milestone of graduating with a Bachelor’s degree in your life. Good luck in 412!

    Summer

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jennifer, I have gained so much insight on advocacy and what it truly takes to care for children with special needs. This has been a self rewarding journey for me. This class had reviewed my vocabulary techniques, made be more aware of my quotations as well as help me to communicate and network with other professionals. Through my field experience I have gained friendships, strategies, ideas, and a support system. Thank you for responding to my blog and I wish you much success in your future endevors. Hope to see you in 412....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jenna,
    Thank you for completing this journey with me and everyone else, I think that it's great that we had each other to lean on and "talk" to through blogs,and discussion posts. I wish you nothing but success in your next chapter and in your professional life!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jenna, you have done a wonderful job explaining many things about your topic.
    I found your topic to be very interesting. You had many ideas that stood out
    and I hope to see an action plan take place soon for children who are obese.
    The more that I think about it, the more I kinda want to do my topic on this
    too. It seems like you received many good facts about your topic from the
    different people you interviewed and observed, which must have helped a lot
    when writing your paper. Good luck with everything! :-) Hope to talk in the
    next class!

    Maria Lo Bue

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jenna

    The information you provided in your blog had me looking at the children we serve in our center. Childhood obesity in america should be of high concern for all who work with children. The information you provided helped me start my own research which lead me to First Lady Michelle Obama's Let's Move Campaign. We have incorporated a three month program to help advocate childhood obesity, thank you for leading the way with your research!

    ReplyDelete